Decent video card?

Julien Gourdon gourdoj2 at cti.ecp.fr
Sat Sep 15 23:12:09 CEST 2001

Marc ARIBERTI wrote:

> Which version of XFree have you got ?
> I advise you to get Xfree 4.1 because it implements Xvideo for the
> Voodoo3, and the performances are greatly improved.

Yes, there is a great improvement with the xvideo for voodoo3. The
picture is no more jerky. But there is still a problem : the sound
doesn't seem to be synchrnoized (?) with the picture. There is sometimes
half a second between sound and image. Where does it come from ? I can
see it with DVDs, Mpg2 or ts (from localhost)

Ho, and I've never been able to watch Alien 2 with the vlc. It seems
that vlc can only read the bonus.
I tried to change the chapter or the tittle, but always the same ... the
bonus ...
Any ideas ?

--
Julien Gourdon