Streamed Files Do Not Display

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Mon Apr 1 21:27:05 CEST 2002

Joseph Borg wrote:

> Hi Bill,
> I've had similar problem with MPEG-2 TS and VLS, that to date I haven't
> solved. However do you know whether you capture card is generating TS or
> PS? If it's TS, you might be in a luckier position as you can not use
> the vls transcoding and stream the file directly. Just specify it's a TS
> file in input.cfg. On the other hand, if you are using vls to transcode
> from ps to ts, then that might be your problem. That is in fact my
> problem too and to date I haven't found out why VLS is transcoding
> incorrectly. Note that vlc plays both ps and ts so that isn't really a
> check of what file format your capture card is producing.
> Joey

There is a bug at MPEG system level probably in Ps2TsConverter. It does
work for VOB file, but not for MPEG files. The patch I summited a few
days earlier on the list, did deliver audio though for MPEG files. There
is some more work to be done in the Ps2TsConvertor.

if there is a volunteer?

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.