os x jerky video

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Mon Apr 1 21:52:37 CEST 2002

OK, here we go.
I assume you have installed vlc in your Applications folder.
Open terminal.
type:
/Applications/vlc.app/Contents/Mac/vlc --desync 175

Then open the file from the menu.
I believe in version 0.2.92 there is a bug where you need to specify 175000
instead of 175, but I'm not sure.

DJ

BTW. This problem is unrelated to the first problem (original post). The
first problem is probably a pretty low-end mac running a very high quality
MPEG2. Your problem is a syncing problem, which has more to do with
differences in delays that are occurring when outputting the audio and
displaying the video. Almost all MacOS X users are experiencing this.

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559
Mail:  mailto:hartman at mac.com