os x jerky video

Tim Anderson ande2965 at tc.umn.edu
Mon Apr 1 22:14:57 CEST 2002

Another way to do this automatically is to create a small script file to run
the commands. You can then double click the file in Finder to open up a
movie in VLC with the desync option. For instance, to play a file from an
SVCD that is saved on my hard drive, I put the follwing in a plain text
file:

#!/bin/sh
/Applications/vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc /Movies/movie.mpg --desync 175000;

You want to name the text file in the form of filename.command. In my
example, I named the text file "movie.command". The only other thing you
need to change is to make the file executable. You can set the Execute tag
with a program such as FileXaminer or via the terminal. Using the terminal,
you would do something such as: chmod 755 movie.command. Double clicking the
file should then work. If double clicking opens up your text editor, you
will need to clear the creator code of the file. FileXaminer can do this as
well, I'm not sure how to do this with Terminal.

This is just one way to do it to save yourself frequent trips to the
Terminal. I'd love to hear any other suggestions or solutions.

Tim