vlc 0.3.0 fullscreen: strange behaviour

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 8 12:16:09 CEST 2002

Hi,

got the new release 0.3.0 - great work!
Finally, there is a deinterlacer ...
One little thing though:

Using xvideo output, fullscreen does behave
a little bit strange now. Under KDE 2.2.1, the
fullscreen window stays behind the panel,
which it should not do. It worked ok in the
0.2.9x releases. This is only a minor thing,
since I can always hide the panel. However,
it is - hopefully - only a very small thing to
fix in the code. Unfortunately, I do not understand
enough about programming to find the glitch myself,
so I hope there will be a patch ...

vlc -H reveals a switch for an alternate fullscreen
method, but that method behaves very erratically:
Half of the times, the "fullscreen" starts at the upper
left corner of the original xvideo output window,
covering only part of the screen. Also, randomly,
the image is not resized, but fills only the upper left
corner of the "fullscreen", the remaining part being
black. Finally, the alternative method crashes ouput
when repreated several times.

One more thing: The aalib output is great fun.
Is there a simple way to allow for larger output windows?
a width of 160 (effectively 80 chars) is quite small on
my desktop. Resizing the window only results in a tiled
repeat of the output.

Keep up your great work!
Michael