vlc 0.3.0 fullscreen: strange behaviour

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 8 16:17:35 CEST 2002

On Mon, 08 Apr 2002 Michael Flohr Wrote:

>got the new release 0.3.0 - great work!
>Finally, there is a deinterlacer ...
>One little thing though:
>
>Using xvideo output, fullscreen does behave
>a little bit strange now. Under KDE 2.2.1, the
>fullscreen window stays behind the panel,
>which it should not do. It worked ok in the
>0.2.9x releases. This is only a minor thing,
>since I can always hide the panel. However,
>it is - hopefully - only a very small thing to
>fix in the code. Unfortunately, I do not understand
>enough about programming to find the glitch myself,
>so I hope there will be a patch ...

X doesn't provide a nice way to do fullscreen, this is why two fullscreen methods are available. The alternate fullscreen should be the one you are looking for since with this one _nothing_ should be able to appear on top of the video (unfortunatly, not even vlc's interface).

>vlc -H reveals a switch for an alternate fullscreen
>method, but that method behaves very erratically:
>Half of the times, the "fullscreen" starts at the upper
>left corner of the original xvideo output window,
>covering only part of the screen. Also, randomly,
>the image is not resized, but fills only the upper left
>corner of the "fullscreen", the remaining part being
>black. Finally, the alternative method crashes ouput
>when repreated several times.

Ok, it's certainly not expected to behave this way ;-)
This needs to be fixed, I will look at this ASAP.

Cheers,

--
Gildas