VideoLAN Client 0.3.0 behavior

Robert Cavicchio rcavicch at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 11 03:16:49 CEST 2002

"Gildas Bazin" <gbazin at netcourrier.com> wrote:

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 "Robert Cavicchio" wrote:

>VLC 0.2.92 was working on my Windows 98 SE system, but when I open a VOB
>file with VLC 0.3.0 (using a disc that worked before), the main control
>interface window immediately crashes.  The DirectX video window stays up,
>but the video is squished into the left half of the window, and the colors
>are atrocious.  Lots of purple and green.
One thing you could try to improve the video output is to use
the --nooverlay command line option (or something like "disable hardware
acceleration" in the video section of the preferences menu). This will slow
down VLC quite a bit and the picture quality may not be that great but at
least you should have video (And I also would be interested to know if it
solved your problem).
<

I tried this.  No change in the behavior.

Another problem with this win32 release is that some accelerated plugins
(SSE accelerated plugins) don't work, so if you have a PIII or IV processor
then you need to use the --nosse command line option (or use the appropriate
option from the preferences menu).
<

I'm only on a PII.

Rob Cavicchio