problem.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Apr 11 11:38:09 CEST 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 03:09, Pegasus wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm having a problem trying to play back dvd's with
> vlc.
> When playing, the sound can be heard but the console
> displays this line
> "vout error: unknown screen depth
> vout error: plugin was unable to allocate at least one
> direct buffer
> vpar error: can't open vout, aborting"

hmmm strange, I guess you should check your XWindow configuration and make
sure you are using at a "common" screen depth, something like 16bits maybe.

> I thought it may be because of the
> libdvdcss2-1.1.1-1.i586.rpm because everytime i try to
> install that, i get this error,
> "libdvdcss2-1.1.1-1 requires libxalflaunch.so.0"

I don't think this has anything to do with your problem has this library is
only used to decrypt dvd's and it seems to be working fine because you can
hear the sound of your dvd.

Regards,

--
Gildas