VLC MacOS X Dolby Digital 5.1 support

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Sat Apr 27 01:34:08 CEST 2002

À (At) 9:25 +0200 26/04/2002, Daniel Schneider écrivait (wrote) :

>I think you're right, DTS isn't open. But Dolby Digital aka AC-3
>should be, isn't liba52 a free AC-3 decoder?
>http://liba52.sourceforge.net/

OK if Dolby Digital == AC3, then we already have an AC3 decoder
(based on liba52). The only problem is that the six-channel output is
downmixed to get a stereo stream. We would just need to send the six
channels to the appropriate sound device. It has been on our TODO
list for months, but we're running out of time...

--
Christophe Massiot.