DVD Technical docs... CSS, Region codes, etc..

Craig Orsinger cjorsinger at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 27 22:04:14 CEST 2002

On 2002.04.27 11:27:01 -0700 Russell McOrmond wrote:

>   I am wondering where the best place to read about DVD would be.  I
> don't
> need low-level details for implementation, but more higher-level stuff.
> I am a programmer myself, but I am wanting this knowledge more for
> advocacy : I have been engaged in ongoing conversations with my domestic
> government about competition-vs-copyright issues, using the issue of the
> DVD-CCA cartel as an example.

	A good starting point is the OpenDVD site. It hasn't been updated
in some time (they don't even mention some recent court cases or new
legislation in the U.S. Congress), but it still has links to the infor-
mation you're looking for.

	http://www.opendvd.org

--

"It's the quiet ones who change the universe.
  The loud ones only take the credit."     - Londo Mollari