Hickup with "Faster" vs. "normal"

Rudolf Zehentner RZehentner at t-online.de
Sat Aug 10 21:02:07 CEST 2002

Hi all,

First off, thanks to all of the VL team, great job!

Recently I ran into a problem with vlc while playing a MPEG1 file:

System: Mac OS X 10.1.5, vlc 0.4.3
Movie: MPEG1 muxed, running in a window (not fullscreen)

Problem:
After pressing "Faster" (once), the playback of _video_ wouldn't
continue after pressing "Play" (>) or anything else. Sound was
playing (more or less) properly then, just the video display stopped
at the frame when I pressed "play". The sound was pretty choppy for
the entire movie, though.

Same thing happened when I cklicked on the slider to jump forward.
Video output didn't resume, no matter what I tried.

QT6 MoviePlayer played the entire movie without a problem, and with
proper sound.

For the dev-dpt.:
If this doesn't ring a bell for someone, I guess you can ignore it,
since it happened only with a specific movie (or other people
encounter the same problems - that's why I'm posting this.)
I didn't have related problems with any other file so far.

Cheers.

---

Life is like a really bad PC game - but with brilliant graphics.