WindowsXP

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 10 19:52:47 CEST 2002

On Saturday 10 August 2002 02:50, David Mills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got 2 machines: a Pentium III with 256MB RAM and an NVidia TFT 32MB
and a
> Dell Inspiron 8200 pentium iV 512 MB RAM with GeForce 4 64MB.
>
> vlc works happily on the pentium III under both Linux (SuSE 7.3) and
Windows
> 98.  But won't work on the Dell under either Linux (SuSE 8.0) or
WindowsXP.

> Is there an obvious reason for this such as these OSs aren't supported
yet?
> If not I'm happy to provide more info.

Could you be a little bit more specific about what happens on the Dell
computer ? Do you have the same behaviour on both Windows and Linux ? Is it
only DVD playing that doesn't work ?

I am myself using WinXP and vlc does work perfectly on it (but you need to
use vlc-0.4.1 because 0.4.2 is broken on windows)

--
Gildas