VlC-0.4.4 and VLS-0.3.3 problems report

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 27 15:14:11 CEST 2002

Liu, Haining wrote:
> Hi,
>
> But I am trying "the fifth element", which is not crypted as said on VideoLAN webpage. Moreover, VLS can't stream the same DVD on my linux box, it says"ps2ts module missing", I still need your help to fix this...

  Do you have a file dvdread.so in /usr/local/lib/videolan/vls ? (I
assume vls is installed in /usr/local/bin).

If so check if /usr/local/lib is inserted in  /etc/ld.so.conf and run
/sbin/ldconfig.

Otherwise install ALL packages, for RedHat systems that is:
# vls-0.3.3-1.i586.rpm        <- core vls
# vls-dvd-0.3.3-1.i586.rpm    <- dvd capabilities with dvdread.so

  Greetings,
  Jean-Paul Saman.