VlC-0.4.4 and VLS-0.3.3 problems report

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 27 15:15:45 CEST 2002

Liu, Haining wrote:
> Hi, Jean-Paul
>
> after numerous deletes and installs, I've proceeded to this step:
 > 1) I can get vlc work with all the dvds.
 >2) I can directly stream one DVD with vls, other two still fails. the
error message I got is" Preparsing : no libdvdread: Can't open
libdvdcss.so.1: libdvdcss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such
file or directory". It appears that dvdread(0.9.2-videolan-tar.gz)
doesn't work with dvdcss(1.2.2.tar.gz). BUT I download both of them from
videoLAn page.

Do not know for sure.

> Regards,
>
> haining

Did you install libdvdread and libdvdcss1 ? If so where did you install
them in /usr/local/lib ? Then you need to add /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig

Send the complete logs from vlc. Use vlc -vvvvvvv.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.