[vlc] Re: synchronization of different clients/servers/channelserver

Jared ''Danger'' Earle jared at 23x.net
Mon Dec 16 12:13:22 CET 2002

On Sunday, Dec 15, 2002, at 19:42 Europe/Paris, Jan Lessing wrote:
> I think the easiest way would be to use a vls (--wall option) which
> broadcasts the movie and 4 vlclients (each serving one display). But I
> think the bandwith of a 100 Mbit network could be too low to transfer
> the hole movie of such a resolution.

A DVD is 9.8Mbps, a VCD is 1Mbps. A really high-quality DivX file is up
to 2Mbps. I think 100Mbps will easily cater for your four-screen movie.

Oh, and Resolution does not necessarily equate to bandwidth, by the
way. :-)

--
      Jared Earle, Nightfall Games, jared at 23x.net - http://www.23x.net
      "Come on, Romy. You've got to say something nice about my SPORK"