[vlc] Re: Fwd: Re: DVB MPEG2 TS doesn't work with vlc

john smith kavkaz80 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 29 01:56:27 CET 2002

>It is because your stream does not contain any PAT and PMT sections. So
>dvbstream did not produce a valid MPEG2 stream.

Ok, damn. What program did you use to verify that, other than vlc?

>You may try to use vls to capture from DVB, since vls re-generate those
>essential sections.

Been trying to do that. First I noticed that vls-cvs-latest doesn't find
dvbrc, becouse it calls get_dvbrc() incorrectly. Fixed that, but since then
I have been stuck with this:
[ERROR/dvb]  Read error for program "Input DVB dvb"

I am suspecting "bad" dvbrc, so I've tried "old format" and "DVB-SI
standard". There is also this "new format", but haven't yet found decent
documentation about it, only bony skeleton of it.