input: packet corrupted, PES sizes do not match

ojo ojo at ojobone.net
Sat Feb 2 11:39:40 CET 2002

Hello

I've set up vls (last deb package from www.videolan.org) for unicast
streaming on a 100/MB full duplex switched Lan. I'm streaming DVDs
and the client is vlc today's cvs. I see some input: packet corrupted, "PES
sizes do not match" errors approximatly twice a minute generating one or two
second second of video pause as well as an awfull slowdown of sound. I tried
several DVDs and all produced the same results. By the way how can I improve
the quality of downmixing (5.1 --> stereo) because trebles are not very good
for me.

I've also something strange:

hdc: packet command error: error=0x50
Feb  2 11:14:40 luke kernel: ATAPI device hdc:
Feb  2 11:14:40 luke kernel:   Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
Feb  2 11:14:40 luke kernel:   Copy protection key exchange failure - Key not
present -- (a
sc=0x6f, ascq=0x01)
Feb  2 11:14:40 luke kernel:   The failed "Report Key" packet command was:
Feb  2 11:14:40 luke kernel:   "a4 00 00 00 01 1e 00 00 00 0c 04 00 "

This happens only when using vls and never using vlc directly on the server
box although I can stream encrypted dvds with vls.

My hardware and software are

Client side

Athlon XP 1600+ 256 Mo DDR
Geforce I DDR using Nvidia latest linux drivers
Sblive stereo output using kernel driver
Debian Sid kernel 2.4.16

Serveur side (config working very well with xine)

Duron 600 + 128 MO ram
Sblive + hoontech spdif output  using kernel driver
Radeon Ve using gatos driver
dvd pioneer A03
Debian Sid kernel 2.4.16

Thank you for your help