Internet Explorer/Windows Media plugin?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Feb 4 12:32:39 CET 2002

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 Bill Eldridge <bill at rfa.org> Wrote:

>Any thoughts as to what would be required
>to make the Windows vlc client an Internet Explorer
>plugin instead?

It really depends on what you would like to do.

- If you want Internet Explorer to open VLC each time you click on a link to an MPEG1/2 video then you can just change the file type association in Windows (in "Folder Options").

- Now if you want to design a web site that will use a VLC plugin (ActiveX component as M$ calls it) to display an embedded video then it will definitly be a lot of work because we need to transform VLC into an ActiveX component.
Even though this sounds like a nice idea, this is not on my todo list right now (my time is limited).
But if somebody wants to code such a beast, I'll be willing to help.

Cheers,

--
Gildas