Internet Explorer/Windows Media plugin?

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Feb 5 00:48:06 CET 2002

À (At) 0:38 +0200 5/02/02, Bill Eldridge écrivait (wrote) :

>  > I would love to have some feedback on this because my test streams
>  > work perfectly.
>
>Ahem...(taste of leather, yum). I may have spoken too hastily on this.

Pfff, that's how you make false rumours :-p.

>Some of my (and your) MPEGs didn't *Stream* properly
>(such as the exotic_animal_sex, which plays fine as a file
>in VLC) though I think much of this problem was not
>having enough time for VLS & VLC to sync up.

The problem with these streams is probably that the sequence header
in the video elementary stream doesn't repeat itself. It is allowed
by ISO/IEC, but if you catch the stream at a random point, you miss
the sequence header and can't decode the stream. The question is :
why do we lose the beginning of the stream ? Because PAT/PMT aren't
sent soon enough, probably.

--
Christophe Massiot.