Client questions

Steve Shoaf shoaf at aps.anl.gov
Tue Feb 5 18:42:35 CET 2002

We are interested in your VideoLan Clients, as you have support for so
many operating systems.  We are looking into multicasting mpeg2 video
over our network and have Solaris, Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux clients
that we would like to be able to view the streamed video on.

Have you tried your clients with other MPEG2 multicasting solutions and
found them to be compatible?

Do you have any idea of when the Solaris client might be capable of
receiving an MPEG2 multicast?  Currently the Solaris client webpage
shows that network input is not yet supported.

Thank you for your time,

Steve Shoaf
Advanced Photon Source, Argonnne National Laboratory