Client questions

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 6 01:02:15 CET 2002

À (At) 11:42 -0600 5/02/02, Steve Shoaf écrivait (wrote) :

>We are interested in your VideoLan Clients, as you have support for
>so many operating systems.  We are looking into multicasting mpeg2
>video over our network and have Solaris, Windows, Mac OS X, and
>Linux clients that we would like to be able to view the streamed
>video on.
>
>Have you tried your clients with other MPEG2 multicasting solutions
>and found them to be compatible?

We are compatible with solutions which send raw TS packets over UDP.
This is quite common. Please note that this isn't compatible with
DVB-IPI (they add an RTP layer which we don't have).

>Do you have any idea of when the Solaris client might be capable of
>receiving an MPEG2 multicast?  Currently the Solaris client webpage
>shows that network input is not yet supported.

« Untested » would be more precise. And yet, I have tried it a few
days ago, and it works for me.

--
Christophe Massiot.