Mac OS X crashes.

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 16:04:19 CET 2002

All the crashes I have experienced so far with videolan on OS X, have to do
with encoding glitches.

I've been using vlc a lot lately, and since I have a lot of movies and
dvd's, I have quite some material. I most often see see this with MPEG and
MPEG2 stuff. I looks like the data that comes out of vlc is just out of
bounds because of the glitch, and that the Quicktime view just crashes on
that. Not nice at all. I would suspect that that thing ought to be a bit
more fault tolerant. BTW. The behaviour is not consistent. Once in a while
it will pass the glitch, and you see the usual jibber.

I have also experienced a problem where the movie just freezes and stops.
You have to press play again. But when you get there, the same problem
occurs.

If you want, I can send you the file that gives me the most problems. You do
need to have a high speed connection though. It's a 400Mb moviefile, so.

Could it be possible to create a debug version of the program? So I can see
what goes wrong on a crash?

DJ

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman