svcd question

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 8 17:43:55 CET 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002, stephen headley wrote:
> at http://www.vcdhelp.com it says your program plays svcds.
> does your windows9x vlc player, play svcds?
> if so how do I get it to play. when I go to "playdisk" all I see is dvd or
> vcd. when
> I try to play the svcd anyway, the program crashes. "illegal operation
> thing".

The VCD input, originally written for linux, has not yet been ported to
Windows. However, maybe you could try to read it with the file input,
since I think Windows can read VCD as normal cdroms (contrary to Linux).
If so the files would be located in a mpeg_a subdirectory.

> also does your player require a dvd rom for vcd/svcd playback?

No, when ported this input will only need a cdrom drive.

--
Jobi