audio sync

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Tue Feb 12 01:22:57 CET 2002

on 11-02-2002 22:23, djhageseth at facstaff.wisc.edu at
djhageseth at facstaff.wisc.edu wrote:

> hi folks,
> there's a bug in vlc 0.2.92 (macosX) where the audio is about a half
> second behind the video, consistently.  this is playing an mpeg-2
> file off the hd.  i have yet to be able to play a svcd i pop in the
> drive.  i tried running the app from the terminal, but permission was
> denied (typing ./vlc.app never worked).

You need to type ./vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc then any options, then the
filename. I'm not sure if you can play SVCD discs yet. I know dvd discs work
from the commandline.

> this audio sync issue happens with more than mpeg-2 file, and a few
> others i know have experienced the same problem.
> hopefully that won't be too tough to fix - u guys are doing a great
> job bring mpeg-2 to the mac!
> cheers
> dave

Use the desync option when you launch from the commandline.
./vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc --desync time Filepath

Mind the following issue reported earlier
> I've tried using the --desync option and discovered that i have to use 250000
> for it to make a difference. It seems that it's not in millisecs but in
> hundreths of millisecs. I presume this needs to be fixed?
>
> Rich

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
ICQnr: 10111559