Validity of TS format transmitted by vls over network

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Fri Feb 15 13:29:02 CET 2002

le mer 13-02-2002 à 17:09, eric.verlind at philips.com a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Vls 0.3.1 used to stream an MPEG1 PS over the network. Videolan server makes a TS out of it. The basic question is: how standard-compliant is this TS, thinking of having to render this via a hardware card in future.

We have already tested to render a VLS TS stream through a Sigma Designs
Netstream2000 decoding card based on the EM8400 chip. It doesn't work
has expected, few images was displayed and out of sync.
I believe VLS implements just the minimum of the TS protocol and the
hardware expects more.
Can somebody confirm that?

Bruno.

--