it almost worked

John McCord jmccord at saball.com
Mon Feb 18 10:32:25 CET 2002

hey,

well i got vlc to compile and install -- no prob.  the dvd's will even
play with pretty good quality.  the problem is that when dvd's are
played there seems to be two (maybe three) screens playing at the same
time.  one image appears to be correct (its in the back) on top of that
there is another image about half-way across the screen and stretches
across to the other side.  i hope that my explination makes sense, i
tried to get a screenshot but couldnt.

i have redhat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10
vlc version 0.2.92
using the x11 library
resolution is set at 720x576 -- though i noticed that when using the -v
option it shows 720x480 15/16 bpp
XFree86 version 4.1.0

also using other libs gives a blue screen.  changing the resolution will
get rid of the extra image but the fps goes to pot.  if i check the
preferences without changing anything the extra image will disappear but
again fps goes down.

thank you for your attention.  if any other info is required please
email me.  i hope that this helps with your project.  out of all the dvd
players i tried so far yours has worked the best.

thx

john