seg faults after a while

sageFool eric at radiantenergy.org
Mon Feb 18 20:17:33 CET 2002

Well, this is by far the best DVD player I have seen on linux yet.  Now if only I could get through a whole DVD. ;) j/k keep up the good work.

Here is the dirt.

Kernel 2.4.17
AlsaSound (turned off in output below)
Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop w/ DVD cdrom combo, 900Mhz Celeron, 128RAM

Here is the output of vlc (gtk interface) when trying to watch the blues brothers:
----
eric at mobile:/root$ vlc -v
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.92 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: browsing `/usr/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: locking module `memcpymmxext'
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
input: playlist item `dvd:/dev/dvd'
module: locking module `dvd'
module: locking module `mpeg_vdec'
module: locking module `ac3_adec'
module: locking module `motionmmxext'
module: locking module `idctmmxext'
module: locking module `downmixsse'
module: locking module `imdctsse'
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
module: locking module `xvideo'
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 15/16 bpp)
module: locking module `yuvmmx'
aout: no aout present, spawning one
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81fee70)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81feec0)
module: locking module `dummy'
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81feec0)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81fee20)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81fedd0)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81fedd0)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81fedd0)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0x81fedd0)
Segmentation fault
eric at mobile:/root$

-----

The output doesn't seem super useful from a debugging point of view, if there is anything else you want to me to try, I'd be happy to do it.

Oh and this is installed from the deb/unstable branch with apt-get
install vlc-gtk.  I'll try grabbing the source and compiling it myself.