Problems with vlc 2.92

Carl Beech carlbeech2 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:22:19 CET 2002

Hi there,

I'm trying to get vlc working (latest version - 2.92) and have got the
program to compile and start, however, when I click on any of the buttons on
the user (qt) interface (e.g. 'disk' or preferences menu option) then
nothing happens - can you give me any clues?

I've tried to start directly from the command line with the command:
vlc /dev/dvd --dvdchapter 2

and I get a floating point exception.

I'm using SuSE 7.3 - just installed so no other rubbish is in the system.

Many thanks

Carl Beech