Segmentation fault with vlc 0.2.92: not your problem

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Jan 5 04:57:09 CET 2002

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002, Johann Höckner wrote:

> i am sorry; the vlc-segmentation-fault was not your problem.
>
> I installed the vlc-Debian-Packages from the videolan-Homepage (0.2.92-1)
> => vlc is up&running :-)

   The difference between the Debian vlc packages and the ones available
on the website are that the Debian ones aren't linked with libdvdcss.

   Did you upgrade libdvdcss as well when installing 0.2.92-1 from the
videolan website?

> So i will send this problem-report to the maintainer of the
> debian-packet (0.2.92-5).

   This happens to be me as well, so save yourself the work of writing a
report! :) I'm investigating the issue.

Regards,
--
Sam.