vlc-cvs video output jerky

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Jan 9 11:07:03 CET 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> 	This is probably a known problem but I was wondering if anyone else
> 	is seeing really jerky video output from the cvs version of 'vlc'.

   Well, actually the CVS version of the video output module is supposed
to be a lot better, so this is definitely not the expected behaviour.

   If you have some time to test things, try the following and tell us
if any of these solved your problem:

    - try another video output module, such as x11 or sdl (no idea
    whether SDL works under BSD/OS though).

    - in plugins/x11/xcommon.c, change the value of MAX_DIRECTBUFFERS,
    especially try the value 1.

    - in plugins/x11/xcommon.c, function InitDisplay(), force b_shm to
    be set to 0.

Regards,
--
Sam.