Seg fault during Fight Club

Mac Mason macmasta at ak.net
Sat Jan 12 08:14:23 CET 2002

Hmm.
I also have a debian-unstable box, but fight club works beautifully.
As far as xine is concerned, the following command will make it work:

yourbox# apt-get update && apt-get install xine-ui xine-dvdnav ogle

ogle's debconf script asks to install libdvdcss0 from an outside source:
xine needs it for decryption.

However, since this isn't the xine list, I suggest you upgrade your
kernel...lots of little things (including a couple major security holes)
have been fixed in the last 10 releases.

Make sure you have the most recent version of vlc, too.

mybox# dpkg -l | grep vlc
ii  vlc            0.2.92-8       a free MPEG and DVD player
ii  vlc-gnome      0.2.92-8       Gnome plugin for vlc
mybox#

The debian version 0.2.92-7 (I think, may have been -8) fixed a couple
of interesting segfaults unique to the .debs.

yourbox# apt-get update && apt-get -y dist-upgrade.

See if that helps. And Fight Club isn't "violent" per se: it's more
thoughtful.
(Besides, VLC will play Desperado, El Mariachi, The Matrix, and Blade
just fine...all are more violent (I think) than Fight Club)

~Mac~