ToggleFullScreen

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Jan 14 02:39:41 CET 2002

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002, Michael S. Zick wrote:

> vout: no free XVideo port found for format 0x30323449 (I420)
> vout: no free XVideo port found for format 0x32595559 (YUY2)
> vout: no free XVideo port found for format 0x36315652 (RV16)

   This means that your X server has XVideo support, but no driver for
your graphic card is able to use its capabilities. I suggest you to do a
google search for "xvideo" and your video card name.

> What is the chance that I have had "Beginner's Luck" and mis-compiled and/or
> mis-installed VLC ?

   Everything seems OK on the vlc side, from your output.

> module warning: cannot find symbol InitModule__MODULE_0_2_92_dev_2002_01_13
> in module /usr/lib/videolan/vlc/arts.so (vlc: undefined symbol:
> InitModule__MODULE_0_2_92_dev_2002_01_13)

   To avoid loading incompatible modules, vlc checks the version in the
module symbols. Unfortunately, the CVS version adds the current date to
its version, so when it's past midnight you need to make clean and make
your whole vlc again if you are using CVS :-)

> The DVD plays (writing its picture into /dev/null for all I can tell) until 5
> minutes and 41 seconds at which point DVD reading stops, with the following:
>
> INPUT_MAX_ALLOCATION reached (20973568)

   This can mean that a decoder is stock somewhere, probably the video
decoder. Looks like a real bug, I'll look for the possible cause. But
this won't fix your XVideo problem, you really need to fix your X
configuration or even use more recent drivers to get it working.

--
Sam.