Input Buffer Leak

Michael S.Zick mszick at pflash.com
Tue Jan 15 04:01:49 CET 2002

Gildas, Christophe, and group;

Thanks to all for the help...
This problem was due to cockpit error at my end.

To duplicate problem:
Conditions:
1) No audio card available
2) Start interface.
3) Open DVD
4) Leave the audio output enabled in interface (it defaults to enabled and
the interface doesn't allow it to be disabled until input is opened).
5) Let DVD play - the esd module will eventually error exit.
6) After a period of time, the input buffer get used up.

To avoid the problem:
Conditions:
1) No audio card available
2) Start interface.
3) Open DVD.
4) Immediately click "Pause"
5) Use interface to set audio==none.
6) Resume play.

I didn't try passing the "no audio" command line switch, but I suspect that
would also avoid the problem.

Suggested fix:
Make input routine for audio track aware of availablity of audio output;
Or
Add to the audio output error exit routine the passing of a "stop reading"
flag/signal to the audio track input routine.

Mike