Which version of vlc is best for Mandrake 8.1?

John Mellor John at Kungfu-tse.net
Tue Jan 15 19:28:29 CET 2002

I don't know if this has any bearing on my post a few weeks ago but
checking the latest downloads I realise that I downloaded 0.2.91-1.i386
to my Mandrake 8.1 system, but I see the latest Mandrake rpm is
0.2.83-1mdk.i.586. I cannot remember why I did this. What effect is it
likely to have? I seem able to run the two DVDs that I possess generally
OK, with just some hiccups that rerunning usually mends - apart from the
business in my posting of 4th January - Progress bar runs to end in 20
seconds. Can anyone help please?