vlc not responding

Jon-Paul Oliva jpoliva at fguardians.org
Wed Jan 16 05:32:32 CET 2002

Hello,

I wonder if you could take a moment to five me your thoughts.  I have
installed the following Mandrake rpm's for vlc in this order:

vlc-gnome-0.2.83-1mdk.i586.rpm

vlc-0.2.83-1mdk.i586.rpm

libdvdcss1-1.0.0-1mdk.rpm

the client starts fine and acts fine, it points to my /dev/dvd which is set
up ok.  however, i queue the disc and press play and nothing happens, it
never actually accesses the disc at all.  No errors or crashes, just nothing.

I'm running Mandrake 8.1 with Kernel 2.4.8-26mdk

any help is greatly appriciated.  By the way, I have Xine installed and it
plays DVDs ok- not great, but it is able to play.

thank you,

jon-paul