Which version of vlc is best for Mandrake 8.1?

John Mellor John at Kungfu-tse.net
Wed Jan 30 19:50:17 CET 2002

Thank you very much Yves for your reply on this one. Sorry to be so long
returning but I had a major system crash that prevented me from using
the computer for a week or so. I'm afraid your advice is a little bit
over my head. I understand cooker is unstable development; I'm not sure
what cvs is; I would simply like the most suitable vlc for my needs,
hopefully one that will play 'Castaway' without it running from start to
finish in 20 seconds!
	I am happy downloading and installing rpms if I know I have the right
one that will not cause dependency or instability problems. I have
compiled and installed from tarballs, but am not overly enthusiastic
about doing so, with all the potential pitfalls. If you could help me
within the confines of these limitations, and without it taking too much
of your time I would be most appreciative.