Compiled 0.2.92 for Mac OS X

St=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=phane Sudre s.sudre at free.fr
Mon Jan 21 20:58:48 CET 2002

le 21/01/02 0:03, Florian G. Pflug à fgp at phlo.org a écrit :

>> - the extension for Objective-C files is .m. In the code, the Objective-C
>> files have the .c extension. This leads to Project Builder not being able
>> for instance to index the source code.
> I know that the standard for Objective-C is .m. But I couldn't get the vlc
> build system to work with ".m" files, so I changed the extension to ".c".

I don't understand since below you're saying you're using pbxbuild.

>> - the use of a NSQuickDrawView is really really weird. I don't see what is
>> so important in QuickDraw that you can't get with a standard NSView and the
>> use of a NSBitmapImageRep or the use of the CoreGraphics API using the
>> CoreGraphic Context obtained from the NSView Graphic context.
> Well, NSQuickDrawView seems to be meant for cases where you need a QuickDraw
> Port (qdport). Since quicktime needs a qdport to draw to, I believe
> NSQuickDrawView is the right widget to use. Why the hell should I
> reimplement the functionality of NSQuickDrawView if it's already there.

Will check if there's no way to draw into a buffer.

> I case you wonder, we use QuickTime for video output because it enables use
> to use the graphic hardware for scaling and YUV->RGB transformation.
>
>> - the Project is made to compile a .bundle (I don't see how you can obtain a
>> .app from the current project settings). I'm using the September Dev Tools
>> and there is no major difference in this version from the last version : Dec
>> Tool.
> Vlc already has a build system, and I don't believe using PBs build system
> instead of the one vlc offers has any benefit. But using vlc to create the
> .app is easier than doing it by hand.
>
> Thats why the actual vlc binary is created using the standard vlc build
> system, but the other files that belong in a .app directory are built using
> pbxbuild. Since pbxbuild doesn't build any binary, I found .bundle the
> logical target to use.

I'm not sure to follow you here.

The vlc binary is built with the vlc build system ok. Perfect.

But what I don't understand is how the .bundle becomes a .app in the binary.
Does it mean pbxbuild is not called with the .pbproj?

This is a very surprising because a lazy extern developer (like me) is
certainly going to compile the player with PB and the .pbproj "file".