Compiled 0.2.92 for Mac OS X

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jan 22 01:16:34 CET 2002

À (At) 0:16 +0100 22/01/02, Stéphane Sudre écrivait (wrote) :

>  >> This is a very surprising because a lazy extern developer (like me) is
>  >> certainly going to compile the player with PB and the .pbproj "file".
>  >
>  > Then we'd probably need to write it down to an as-yet-unwritten
>  > README.MacOSX. BTW we would welcome such a contribution. We would
>  > also welcome a gdb backtrace ; since you're saying vlc keeps
>  > crashing, it shouldn't be hard to get one.
>
>No problem. Where do I send them?

This mailing-list would be great. If you feel it's too big, put it on
a web site and post a URL, or send it to a cvs-committer (for
instance Florian, sam, myself, Gildas...).

>  > Just the facts, as you say, so far your contribution has only
>  > resulted in a flame war with Florian ("my coding standards are better
>  > than yours", or something like that), and I can't see any
>  > constructive suggestion helping either to document vlc, or to debug
>  > it.
>
>User documentation or developer documentation?

Obviously we need both.

>  > I do not know what your intentions are, what you intend to do with
>  > vlc (I don't reckon you've said it somewhere).
>
>To use it. And maybe to use the Interface for a ScreenSaver.
>
>  > It's up to you to tell us what you want to do.
>
>Try to make the Mac OS X Version work !

Excellent. So a gdb backtrace would be a great start to debug it. As
for the technical discussion on the OS X plug-in (on which I have no
opinion at all, since I am not an OS X developer), it would be better
in the vlc-devel mailing-list (people here are just users and don't
give a shit to all that stuff...). Patches and documentation are also
welcome in vlc-devel.

Happy hunting,

--
Christophe Massiot.