0.4.1&0.4.0 Linux&Windows client MPEG2 PS&TS broken?

Johann Hanne jonny at 1409.org
Tue Jul 2 17:50:28 CEST 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Bill Eldridge wrote:

> Johann Hanne wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i have tried to play a MPEG2 program stream and MPEG2 transport stream
> > from a locally stored file with VLC 0.4.1 and 0.4.0. MPlayer plays the PS
> > file fine. Windows Media Player (with a MPEG2 demuxer) plays the PS and
> > the TS file fine. So both files should be ok.
>
> I don't think that's an assumption you can make.
> I'd start off by grabbing a known MPEG2 file
> from
>   ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/streams/presentation/
>
> such as presentation_short.vob and make sure you can play
> that file.  (Sorry if that's what you did, but it looks
> like vlc isn't happy reading the file, and just gives
> up without a lot of effort).
ok, the files from this directory work fine. But what can I do to find out
what's wrong with my files? The TS file is directly recorded with a DVB
card (with only two PIDs, 110 and 120) and the PS file is the same as the
TS file but converted with ts2ps from the dvb driver package?!

Cheers, Jonny <jonny at 1409.org>