VLC on Linux with multiple ethernet interface

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jul 8 23:27:50 CEST 2002

À (At) 12:25 +0530 8/07/2002, Anil Kumar Gupta écrivait (wrote) :

>OS is Linux. On this we are running PIM-SM multicast daemon to handle
>multicast routing.
>Also, how can I make VLC receive multicast packet from a particular
>interface?

There is no way to do it without patching (and I don't know of any
way to do it in a portable fashion). You can add a kludge into
plugins/network/ipv6.c, if I remember well you need to add an ioctl()
call. I think we have some sample code to do that in VLMS (VideoLAN
Mini-Server).

--
Christophe Massiot.