vlc 0.4.1 error: "DTS audio not handled yet"

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Jul 19 10:46:49 CEST 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 02:45, See Below To Reply wrote:
> Gildas Bazin writes:
>
>  > Ok, could you use "setenv DVDCSS_VERBOSE 2" and send us the log you
>  > get (with and without DVDCSS_METHOD=title).
>  >
>  > You can use this command line to make things easier:
>  > vlc -vvvvvvvvvvvv dvd: --intf=logger
>  > and send us the vlc.log file you get.
>
> i tried this twice, the first time only setting DVDCSS_VERBOSE to 2,
> the second time also setting DVDCSS_METHOD to title. the two vlc.log
> files i got were identical (i checked with "diff"). one of them is
> attached below.

Stupid me, I'm really sorry, I forgot that the logger plugin won't log the
libdvdcss debug messages.
What I'm really interested in are the messages beginning with "libdvdcss
debug:" or "libdvdcss error:".
To get those you can just run "vlc dvd:" after having correctly set the
DVDCSS_VERBOSE and DVDCSS_METHOD environnement variables, then just copy
and paste the messages you get.

Regards,

--
Gildas