Mac OS X - Multicast UDP not working?

Johnny Turpin jturpin at minervanetworks.com
Sat Jul 20 00:22:43 CEST 2002

Cool! I did some snooping around here trying to find out why we have some
encoders spitting out quite large UDP packets, but I haven't really been
able to come to any conclusion other than it was because our QA was testing
the encoders with lots of different values, and apparently some legacy
(older) decoders expected larger UDP packet sizes.

I agree that having UDP packets split across ethernet frames is not the most
efficient way of transmitting data, but its looks like there are encoders
out there (like ours and v-brick) which allow this option. Anyway, thanks
for adding the option to VLC.

-johnny