OSX videolan crashes

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 25 14:21:39 CEST 2002

Tony Smith <tsmith at usaopoly.com>:

> I am experiencing consistent crashes and lack of function on my OSX
> machines: a G3 iMac, a Sawtooth G4, and a grey G4/733.  All are
> running
> 10.1.2 or higher and vlc behaves identically on them: it allows you to
> open
> and begin playing a file, but immediately the image freezes and then
> the
> playback window begins to flash between horizontally stretched-out and
> normal configurations.  Playback cannot be resumed, and the application
> will
> not quit.  All these machines are running QT5.  Do you have any
> recommendations or workarounds?

VLC 0.4.2 has been downloaded 8000+ times and no one ever reported this
behavior. Maybe have you installed an extension which messes things up ?
You can also try to run VLC in terminal.app with the following command :
./vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc -vvvvvvvvvvvvv

The logs may contain relevant information.