Big problem vlc

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon Jul 29 16:56:22 CEST 2002

karamba wrote:
> Am 27.07.2002 12:21 Uhr schrieb "Jean-Paul Saman" unter <jpsaman at wxs.nl>:
>

>>karamba karamba wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Jean-Paul!
>>>Thanks for this great app. and I`m sorry to bother you but I have a
>>>serios bug with vlc and somehow nobody is able to answer my question.
>>
>>I'm glad you like vlc.
>>

>>>The following happens since I installed the first vlc 0.4.1
>>>I put vlc to my application folder (I`ll tryed my user folder as well)
>>>and than start vlc and watch a dvd or a stream and it works fine on my
>>>TiBook 550, OS 10.1.5.
>>
>>From this I guess you are running MacOS X. If so then you'll have to
>>thank Christophe Massiot, Sam Hocevar and some others for the port to
>>MacOS X.
>>

>>>And now the strange bug:  when I'm closing vlc and than try to open
>>>another application - for example iE, Omniweb, works etc. - nothing
>>>starts up exept vlc?????
>>>I'm not able to use any other application on my OS 10.1.5 unless I
>>>deinstall vlc??????
>>>Even if I put vlc to the trash this bug don`t stop - the only
>>>application starts up is vlc.
>>>The only possibility to stop this strange bug is the completely vlc
>>>deinstallation from my hardware.
>>>And after I deinstalled the hole vlc software, I`m able to use my other
>>>application again!!!!!
>>>Is`nt this strange? Am I the only one with this trouble???
>>>So please, I would realy appreciate to recieve an answer and maybe a
>>>solution how to solve this strange bug with your great application!!!
>>>Thank`s in advance and best regards from an austrian
>>>H. Rakowitsch
>>>

>>I suggest you try vlc-0.4.3 because this bug might be solved in there.
>>

>>Many greetings,
>>Jean-Paul Saman.
>>

> Hi Jean-Paul!
> I`ll allready tryed 0.4.3 on my OS X 10.1.5 and I`m afraid it`s still the
> same bug!!! Well thank`s for your fast reply and I hope there will be a
> future solution to solve this bug!!!!
> Best regards and nice weekend
> H. rakowitsch

Can you give some more info. Are you also unable to start another
program when you rebooted the machine ?

Give verbosity messages from vlc, so we can see what is wrong.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199