Compatibility bug in libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 31 15:38:07 CEST 2002

Hi list,

I have been trying to get transcode to work on my machine for several days now
and i found that the problem is in libdvdread-0.9.2 that transcode uses to read
encrypted vobs. The libdvdread installed on my machine is the videolan version
and it has the following bug:

dvd_setup outputs a message "libdvdread: Using libdvdcss.so.1 for DVD access" on
*stdout* not *stderr* which causes any program that uses libdvdread and outputs
its data on stdout to malfunction.

The following patch fixes this:

  diff dvd_setup.c.orig dvd_setup.c
160c160
<             printf( "libdvdread: Using libdvdcss.so.1 for DVD access\n" );
---
 >             fprintf( stderr, "libdvdread: Using libdvdcss.so.1 for DVD
access\n" );

Regards,
--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341