Compatibility bug in libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 31 16:31:17 CEST 2002

Alexis de Lattre wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
>
>>To make things worse, the above tarball extracts as libdvdread-0.9.2, *not*
>>libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan, so you are not aware, that you are using a hacked,
>>"videolan" version. This happened to me, i installed libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan
>>as i was told on your web page, and when i installed transcode several weeks
>>later, i wondered why it didn't work!
>

> The only thing that was hacked in libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan is make
> libdvdread 0.9.2 able to link with libdvdcss.1 or .2 instead of only
> libdvdcss.0. It is a very small modification, and it should impact the
> functionnality of libdvdread.
>
> But as Sam said, you'd better get the lastest version (0.9.3) from
> Ogle's web site.

Yes, of course i can.
But i would really appreciate, if you could at least post a warning on
http://www.videolan.org/vls/ that the lib you offer to download is not
compatible and will cause problems with other apps. I have wasted quite a few
days to find out and it would be good, if others could be warned.

--

Heinrich Rebehn