Compatibility bug in libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Wed Jul 31 16:23:58 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> To make things worse, the above tarball extracts as libdvdread-0.9.2, *not*
> libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan, so you are not aware, that you are using a hacked,
> "videolan" version. This happened to me, i installed libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan
> as i was told on your web page, and when i installed transcode several weeks
> later, i wondered why it didn't work!

The only thing that was hacked in libdvdread-0.9.2-videolan is make
libdvdread 0.9.2 able to link with libdvdcss.1 or .2 instead of only
libdvdcss.0. It is a very small modification, and it should impact the
functionnality of libdvdread.

But as Sam said, you'd better get the lastest version (0.9.3) from
Ogle's web site.

--
Alexis