libdvdcss

Herbert Plass herbert.plass at univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 3 15:20:26 CEST 2002

Samuel Hocevar wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 03, 2002, Herbert Plass wrote:
>
>>I installed the deb-version of vlc 0.4.0. Works fine. For decrypting I
>>loaded libdvdcss0 and decoded a dvd. Then I added several modules
>>(esound, mad, ..) and vlc complained that it needs libdvdcss2, which I
>>installed (deinstalling libdvdcss0).
>>

>   libdvdcss0 and libdvdcss2 can perfectly coexist; only one version of
>the development headers can be installed.
>
>>Now vlc complains about missing libdvdcss0.
>>

>   How does it complain ? At installation time ? At runtime ? What is
>the error message you are getting?

Thanks for your immediate reply!
The debian package manager does not allow to install both versions.
Perhaps a problem with dependencies in the deb-package?

Error-Message when calling vlc from prompt:
dvd-warning: libdvdcss.so.2 not present
dvd-warning: no valid libdvdcss found, I will play only unencrypted DVDs
dvd-warning: get libdvdcss at http://www.videolan.org/libdvdcss

Herbert Plass