libdvdcss

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Jun 3 15:23:57 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002, Herbert Plass wrote:

> Thanks for your immediate reply!
> The debian package manager does not allow to install both versions.
> Perhaps a problem with dependencies in the deb-package?

   libdvdcss2 conflicts with libdvdcss0.0.1 and libdvdcss0.0.2 which are
very old versions of the package ; if you need to install such an old
version, install libdvdcss0.0.3.

> Error-Message when calling vlc from prompt:
> dvd-warning: libdvdcss.so.2 not present
> dvd-warning: no valid libdvdcss found, I will play only unencrypted DVDs
> dvd-warning: get libdvdcss at http://www.videolan.org/libdvdcss

   libdvdcss.so.2 is in the libdvdcss2 package, so you need to install
libdvdcss2. Are you sure vlc complained about libdvdcss0 ?

--
Sam.