Videolan Player on CD-ROM

Jon Lech Johansen jon-vl at nanocrew.net
Mon Jun 3 21:52:15 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:59:49AM -0700, Oliver Vornberger (oliver at cs.ubc.ca) wrote:

> > Distribution of VLC is covered by the General Public License:
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
>
> Jon,
>
> so that means, if I include that statement on the CD
> I can put your player on it ?

Yes, but you also have to make the source code available.

See this part of the FAQ:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DistributeWithSourceOnInternet

The most convenient thing to do is simply to include the source on the
CD. The GPL is included in the source tarball, and I think it is also
included with the win32 installer.

Source code:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.4.0/vlc-0.4.0.tar.gz

--
Jon Johansen
nanocrew.net

http://www.eff.org/support/jonfund.html

MR. LEVY:  I'm sorry, your Honor. I actually have a technology expert
  with me. Would the Court like to or would they agree to hear a very
  brief statement on this point from that expert?
THE COURT: No.    -- MPAA v. Reimerdes injunction hearing, 2000/01/21